The Swedish Radiation Safety Authority (SSM) received an application for the expansion of SKB's final repository for low and intermediate level waste at Forsmark (SFR) on the 19 December 2014. SSM is tasked with the review of the application and will issue a statement to the government who will decide on the matter. An important part of the application is SKB's assessment of the long-term safety of the repository, which is documented in the safety analysis named SR-PSU.
Present report compiles results from SSM's external experts' reviews of SR-PSU during the main review phase. The general objective of these reviews has been to give support to SSM's assessment of the license application. More specifically, the instructions to the external experts have been to make an indepth assessment of the specific issues defined for the different disciplines.
Table of Contents
- Review of hydrogeological aspects of the safety assessment SR-PSU – Main review phase Joel Geier
- Hydrogeological assessment and calculations to support the review of SR-PSU Joel Geier
- Review of geochemical aspects of SR-PSU – Main review phase Richard Metcalfe, Steven J. Benbow, James C. Wilson, and David Savage
- Review of physical and mechanical properties of bentonite – Main review phase Göran Sällfors
- Review of chemical properties of bentonite – Main review phase Michael Apted and Randy Arthur