Funding for senior researcher position in the field of aquatic radioecology
The Swedish Radiation Safety Authority announces availability of funding for a senior researcher position in the field of aquatic radioecology. The funding, totalling SEK 1.7 million per year, is granted for three years, with a possible extension of three years. The application deadline is 11 May 2018.
Pronouncement on repository applications
The Swedish Radiation Safety Authority, SSM, has undertaken a regulatory review of the Swedish Nuclear Fuel and Waste Management Company's (SKB) licence applications for final disposal of spent nuclear fuel. The review found that SKB has the potential to meet the requirements of the Act on Nuclear Activities concerning safe final disposal. On 23 January 2018, SSM, in its capacity as a preparatory authority, submitted its pronouncement to the Government regarding SKB's licence applications.
Emergency planning zones
A Precautionary Action Zone (PAZ) extending approximately five kilometres, an Urgent Protective Action Planning Zone (UPZ) extending around 25 kilometres, and a supplementary Extended Planning Distance (EPD) of 100 kilometres surrounding Swedish nuclear power plants: these areas were proposed on 1 November by the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority in a report covering a review assignment on emergency planning zones and emergency planning distances in Sweden. This report has been forwarded to the Swedish Government.
Public TPR meeting
In 2014, the Council of the European Union adopted the Directive 2014/87/Euratom amending the 2009 nuclear safety directive. This was for the purpose of incorporating lessons learned following the accident at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in 2011. The revised nuclear safety directive introduces a European system of topical peer reviews. The first public meeting on the ongoing Topical Peer Review (TPR) will take place in Brussels on 3 May 2018 from 9:00 to 13:00. The event will be web streamed and the link for following it will be published on the 'Public engagement' page of the ENSREG website.
- 2018:08 Calculated radiological consequences of applying European clearance levels to scrap metal from the decommissioning of Swedish nuclear facilities
- 2018:01 Monte Carlo patient-specific pre-treatment QA system for volumetric modulated arc therapy
- 2017:36 Topical Peer Review 2017 Ageing Management Swedish National Assessment Report
- 2017:37 Non-Ionising Radiation in Swedish Health Care
- 2017:35 Review of paleo-, historical and current seismicity in Sweden and surrounding areas with implications for the seismic analysis underlying SKI report 92:3
- New Swedish action plan for reducing the health effects of radon
- Announced availability of funding for senior researcher position in the field of aquatic radioecology
- Sweden the pioneer country for a new international forum on safety culture
- Comment of the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority on the pronouncement of the Land and Environment Court
- Swedish Radiation Safety Authority issues pronouncement on final disposal