The Swedish Radiation Safety Authority (SSM) received an application for the expansion of SKB’s final repository for low and intermediate level waste at Forsmark (SFR) on the 19 December 2014. SSM is tasked with the review of the application and will issue a statement to the government who will decide on the matter. An important part of the application is SKB’s assessment of the long-term safety of the repository, which is documented in the safety analysis named SR-PSU.
Present report compiles results from SSM’s external experts’ reviews of SR-PSU during the main review phase. The general objective of these reviews has been to give support to SSM’s assessment of the license application. More specifically, the instructions to the external experts have been to make an in depth assessment of the specific issues defined for the different disciplines. In 2017 SSM held a workshop on interdisciplinary aspects of the review of the safety analysis SR-PSU, which is also reported in this volume.
Table of Contents
- Review of dose assessment landscape models – main review phase Ryk Klos and Anders Wörman
- In-depth review of key issues regarding biosphere models for specific radionuclides in SR-PSU Russell Walke, Laura Limer and George Shaw
- Review of analysis of dose to non-human biota in SR-PSU (in Swedish with English abstract) Karolina Stark
- Review of handling of Kd-values used for near- and far-field analyses in the safety assessment SR-PSU F. Paul Bertetti
- Workshop on interdisciplinary aspects of barrier degradation and consequence analysis in SR-PSU Roger D. Wilmot
- Review of safety analysis methodology in SKB’s safety assessment SR-PSU: Main review phase Roger D. Wilmot